Meeting of FARMER project partners at the Faculty of Engineering
by Ing. Ján Csillag
A five-day meeting of the Erasmus+ project Fostering Internationalization in AgRicultural Engineering in Iran and Russia [FARMER] (project ID: 585596-EPP-1-2017-1-DE-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP) was held from 28 May to 1 June 2018 at the Faculty of Engineering. The objective of the meeting was to provide the partners from the universities in Germany, Italy, Iran and Russian Federation with a comprehensive view of the research and educational process at the Faculty of Engineering in terms of ECTS criteria and principles defined in Bologna process. The partners took part in a series of training lectures conducted by selected teachers from the Faculty of Engineering.
In addition to the visits to the AgroBioTech Research Centre and laboratories of the Faculty of Engineering, the partners visited also the production and project premises, the design, control and manufacturing sections of the Muehlbauer Technologies s. r. o. company in Nitra – Dolné Krškany. Visitors were led by Bc. Ladislav Paškrta, director of company.
In earlier evening hours, the intensive daily programme was accompanied by a visit to Nitra city, Nitra Castle and a trip to Zobor Hill with a fascinating view of the city panorama and its surroundings. At the end of the week, the participants left Nitra full of good feelings and intensive impression from the faculty, university and city.
The meeting in Nitra conducted under the topic “Teachers training on practical aspects of agro-engineering preparation” focused on lectures held by the staff from the Faculty of Engineering, Technische Universität Ilmenau and University of L’Aquila in the following fields:
- Analysis of the competences and learning outcomes of the proposed courses for the Agromechatronics master programme (TU Ilmenau)
- Methodology for planning a degree course (University of L’Aquila)
- Research on agricultural automation at the University of L’Aquila
- Applied Mechatronics in Industry by Muehlbauer Ltd., Slovakia–Germany
- Engineering Ecology, Theory and Design of Tractors
- Preparation and implementation of Erasmus+ programme in SANRU (Iran)
- Machinery in Agriculture, Precision Farming
- Development of the degree profile for the Agromechatronics master programme
- Computer Image Processing, Progressive Design Methods (CAD/CAM)
- Autonomous Mobile Robots, CAD Methods in Technical Practices
- Databases, Programming and Automation
- Engineering Mechanics and its Practical Aspects, Mechanics of Materials
- Technology and Machinery in Animal Husbandry
The project period is 36 months, lasting from 15 October 2017 to 14 October 2020, with a grant amounting to EUR 695.024. The Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Faculty of Engineering is a leading partner for practical module development for the Agromechtronics master programme curriculum in the Russian and Iranian universities.